West Dunbartonshire Gymnastics acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and coaches, and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory
responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and Scottish Gymnastics requirements.
The Club recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances.
The Safeguarding Officer will:
- regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background, ensure all children have a positive and enjoyable experience of Gymnastics in a safe and child centred environment.
- As part of our safeguarding policy West Dunbartonshire Gymnastics will promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and ensure children and young people are protected from abuse whilst participating in Gymnastics or to the best of our control out with the sport
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and that all relevant people are provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents or concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- Prevent the employment of unsuitable individuals within the Club
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures is widely promoted and is mandatory for everyone involved in West Dunbartonshire Gymnastics. Any failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the Club. Monitoring the policy will be reviewed accordingly when advised by the national governing body, Scottish Gymnastics.
In the event of a Safeguarding matter arising the following procedure should be adhered to:
What to do if you have a safeguarding concern?
- Notify the safeguarding officer as soon as possible.
- Complete the required incident report form and submit to the Safeguarding officer (forms can be found in all registers)
- The safeguarding offer will deal with the matter accordingly and may contact Scottish Gymnastics for further information
- If the matter cannot be resolved within the club, Scottish Gymnastics will support and manage the matter in order for it to be resolved accordingly
- All safeguarding incidents and other supporting documents will be kept confidential
Safeguarding and protecting gymnasts and coaches within our club is EVERYONE’S responsibility. If you have any concerns please ask questions.